Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official AA Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Future of Avatar Arena

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DL.PIGGY
Admin
DL.PIGGY

Future of Avatar Arena Empty
PostSubject: Future of Avatar Arena   Future of Avatar Arena I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:50 am

As some of you might have realised, AA has reached a ridiculous high version number (v3.9y)
I would like to inform you all about what is going on.

1) The reason why I 've been letting the version number run so high is because I dun Plan to make v4 tentatively. This is due to soon to come University Committments as well as no. 2

2) There hasn't been any real new content (Avatars) because I seem to have maxed out the World Editor GUI usage or something. Ok quick info: The World Editor (WE) uses GUI (Graphic User Interface) for its trigger editting, meaning all i have to do is to open and close action boxes to create my triggers (you can try this out using your WE) Some Other maps however, or should i say most other maps, use JASS instead. JASS being computer language, (takes nothing return nothing endfunction etc.etc.) has been known for making more efficient and lag free triggers. But being a pretty casual mapper, I have not had the time to go learn JASS and has since been sticking to GUI. However, GUI is extremely limited and for some unknown reason (trust me I've done alot of research and asked for plenty of help) my map can no longer add any new triggers, hence, all the latest versions have been devoted completely to balancing and bug fixes. Hence, the no. 3

3) Thus, I have reached a point where it is time to find a successor (if anyone even wants to continue it) who knows JASS, meaning your WE knowledge must be greater than mine by quite alot. I have to say that i have done plenty of triggers in GUI that most people would/could only do in JASS and im rather proud of it. Hence, if you do wish to continue my map, I must expect a pretty high standard from you and you must have proof that you are capable to continue (this said after years of lil kids wanting to 'share' my map with me) Pls do not approach me if all u want to do is to make your fav AGI avatar stronger.

Feel free to reply to the thread or pm me for questions. Cheers ! pig
Back to top Go down
https://avatararena.rpg-board.net
hekifson

hekifson

PostSubject: Re: Future of Avatar Arena   Future of Avatar Arena I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:29 am

hello -

i do not have many knowledge of jass, ive made alot of maps before messed around with triggers but never took the time to learn jass as much as i could have ,

however me and my friends have easily played this map over 1000 times and we know strongly how to balance the heroes, which is what i would like to do to fix some of the over powered ones

i dont however think i could add anything major into the game using jass
Back to top Go down
DL.PIGGY
Admin
DL.PIGGY

PostSubject: Re: Future of Avatar Arena   Future of Avatar Arena I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:25 pm

I must once again say that there is no point asking to take over the map without the knowledge of JASS as you wouldnt be able to add any new content to the map. Do feel free to start a thread about imbalances/issues and ill look into it and do what i have to do for the last version. Cheers ! pig
Back to top Go down
https://avatararena.rpg-board.net
hekifson

hekifson

PostSubject: Re: Future of Avatar Arena   Future of Avatar Arena I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:08 pm

DL.PIGGY wrote:
I must once again say that there is no point asking to take over the map without the knowledge of JASS as you wouldnt be able to add any new content to the map. Do feel free to start a thread about imbalances/issues and ill look into it and do what i have to do for the last version. Cheers ! pig

roger that

-i think i misread, i thought you were completely going to stop working on the map Very Happy

once i play every avatar for these new versions i will make sure to make a thread about them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future of Avatar Arena   Future of Avatar Arena I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future of Avatar Arena
Page 1 of 1